READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("Terms") CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING OR USING THE SERVICES DESCRIBED ON THE WEBSITE LOCATED AT www.chinaamc.com.hk. By clicking the "Accept" button, you consent to be bound by all the terms set out herein. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are not an authorized user for these services and you should not use this website. Please click "Do not Accept" button and leave this website.
Terms and Conditions
China Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited ("ChinaAMC HK") is a regulated institution in Hong Kong by the Securities and Futures Commission (“SFC”) pursuant to the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap 571). This website is prepared and owned by ChinaAMC HK and contains information about ChinaAMC HK and the services and products offered by ChinaAMC HK. This website has not been reviewed by the SFC.
This information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only. Funds information is intended to be made available only to residents in Hong Kong that are not U.S. Persons. If you are an individual investor, you acknowledge that you are a resident of Hong Kong. Funds information is not intended for use by any person located in or residing in any jurisdiction that restrict the use or distribution of such information. Nothing on this website should constitute a distribution, an offer to buy or the solicitation of any offer to buy or sell any securities in any jurisdiction where such a distribution or offer would be illegal. Non-Hong Kong investors are responsible for observing all applicable laws and regulations of their relevant jurisdictions before proceeding to access the information contained herein. By proceeding, you are representing that you have understood and accepted the restrictions set out in this section.
None of the information contained in this website constitute an invitation or solicitation to invest in any shares or units of the Funds, nor does it constitute any investment advice or recommendation to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any transactions. Before acting on any information in this website, you should consider whether any investment, security or strategy is suitable for your particular circumstance and, if necessary, seek independent professional advice.
Investment involves risks. The price of units or shares of the Funds may go up as well as down. Past performance is not indicative of future results. The value of the Funds can be extremely volatile and could go down substantially within a short period of time. It is possible that the entire value of your investment could be lost. An investment in a Fund often involves investing in international markets. In addition to the normal risks associated with investing, international investments involve the risk of losing all or part of any capital from unfavorable fluctuations in currency values, from differences in generally accepted accounting principles or from economic or political instability in other nations. An investment in emerging markets also involves heightened other risks such as increased volatility and the possibility of lower trading volume. Funds may use or invest in financial derivatives. Please read the Funds’ Prospectuses and Product Key Fact Statements for details, including the risk factors, before making any investment decision.
Where a Fund's investment objective is to track an index, the Fund is not sponsored, endorsed, issued, sold or promoted by the relevant index provider. None of these companies make any representation regarding the advisability of investing in the Funds. Index returns are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent actual fund performance. Index performance returns do not reflect any management fees, transaction costs or expenses. Indices are unmanaged and one cannot invest directly in an index.
Except as otherwise stated in these Terms or as expressly authorized by ChinaAMC HK in writing, you may not:
• Use this website in any manner that could damage or overburden any ChinaAMC server, or any network connected to any ChinaAMC server, as all servers have limited capacity and are used by many people;
• Use this website in any manner that would interfere with another party's use of the Website;
• Include the term "ChinaAMC" or any ChinaAMC trademark or executive's name, or any variation of the foregoing, as a meta-tag, hidden textual element;
• Use any robot, spider, intelligent agent, other automatic device, or manual process to search, monitor or copy this website or the reports, data, information, content, software, products services, or other materials on, generated by or obtained from this website, whether through links or otherwise (collectively, "Materials"), without ChinaAMC HK's permission, provided that generally available third-party web browsers may be used without such permission; or
• Use this website or the Materials in any manner that could create impression of affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement by ChinaAMC.
Limitation of Liability
All information contained in this website is published to the best of the knowledge and belief of ChinaAMC HK to be accurate at the time it was posted. However, no representation or warranty, expressed or implied is made by ChinaAMC HK as to its accuracy or completeness of the information or data provided in this website. ChinaAMC HK, its affiliates, directors, officers or employees accept no liability for any errors or omissions relating to information available in this website, and will not be liable for any damages or costs (including but not limited to lost profits, trading losses or damages that result from use or loss of use of this website) arising out of or in any way connected with (i) the use of the information provided in this website and (ii) any interruption or failure in system operation, delay in data transmission, computer virus or line or system failure.
Trademarks, Copyrights and other Intellectual Property
All copyright, trademarks and similar rights in this website and the information contained herein are owned by or licensed to ChinaAMC HK or its affiliate. Information in or any parts of this website cannot be reproduced, distributed or published.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of Hong Kong. The courts of Hong Kong shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceeding, and to settle any disputes, which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and, for such purposes, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong. Each party hereby waives any objection which it might at any time have to the courts of Hong Kong being nominated as the forum to hear and determine any proceedings and to settle any disputes and agrees not to claim that the courts of Hong Kong are not a convenient or appropriate forum.
We understand that our customers and website visitors are concerned about the privacy of information. The following information is designed to help you understand the information collection practices at this Website.
ChinaAMC HK recognizes the importance of personal data to our business and the importance of respecting the privacy rights of our clients. Therefore, we are committed to ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance"). Each employee of ChinaAMC HK must abide by our commitment to privacy in the handling of personal information. To further enhance confidentiality and security of all personal data, only authorized staff will be allowed to have access to the personal information collected. It is restricted to those persons who have a business need to access personal information in order to perform their job duties.
The purpose of this Statement is to establish the policies and practices of ChinaAMC HK's commitment to protect the privacy of personal data and to inform you about our responsibilities and your rights under the Ordinance.
Types of Personal Data Held
Personal data held by us regarding clients may include the following:-
• Name and address, occupation, contact details, date of birth, their identity card or passport numbers;
• Current employer, nature of position, relevant income of clients;
• Details of financial status of clients; and
• Information obtained by us in the ordinary course of the business relationship such as, investment options, account values and balances etc.
Main Purposes of keeping Personal Data
The purposes for which personal data relating to clients may be used are as follows:-
• Facilitate the daily operations of the services provided to the clients;
• Marketing investment products or services provided by ChinaAMC (HK);
• Maintaining statistical data and providing a database for product and market research;
• Marketing financial and/or investment products or services by any company/companies other than ChinaAMC HK, subject to client's express prior written consent;
• Compliance with applicable laws and regulations; and
• Any other purposes relating or incidental thereto.
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data held by ChinaAMC HK relating to clients will be kept confidential but may be transferred to the following parties (whether within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) for any of the purposes stated above:-
• Any agent, contractor, third party service provider or any member company of ChinaAMC HK which provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, marketing, professional or other services to ChinaAMC HK in connection with its business operations;
• Any person to whom ChinaAMC HK is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on ChinaAMC HK or any of its member companies or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which ChinaAMC HK or its member companies are expected to comply;
• Any actual or proposed assignee of ChinaAMC HK or participant or sub-participant or transferee of ChinaAMC HK's rights in respect of the client; and
• Any persons or bodies corporate under a duty of confidentiality to ChinaAMC HK.
Accuracy of Personal Data
ChinaAMC HK strive at all times to ensure accuracy of all personal data collected and processed by us. In order to assist us to deliver on this pledge, please inform us immediately in the event that your personal information has been changed or you discovered that your personal information held by us is incorrect.
It is not a statutory requirement for you to provide personal data to us. However, we will not be able to provide you with the services and products you may require unless you provide us with the necessary personal data or information.
You have a right (i) to be informed whether we hold any of your personal data; (ii) to be supplied with a copy of your personal data we hold; and (iii) to request correction of your personal data we hold. If you wish to access to and/or to correct any of your personal data held by us, please send your written request to the address set out below. We may, subject to the Ordinance, impose a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request.
If you do not wish your personal data to be used for direct marketing purposes, you may notify us in writing to the following address:-
Head of Legal & Compliance
China Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited
37/F, Bank of China Tower,
1 Garden Road, Central
Investment involves risks, including the loss of principle. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Before investing in the ChinaAMC CSI 300 Index ETF (the "Fund"), investor should refer to the Fund's prospectus for details, including the risk factors. You should not make investment decision based on the information on this material alone. Please note:
• The Fund aims to provide investment result that, before fees and expenses, closely corresponds to the performance of the CSI 300 Index (the "Index"). The Fund invests in the PRC's securities market through the RQFII investment quota granted to the Manager and the Stock Connect.
• The Fund is subject to concentration risk as a result of tracking the performance of a single geographical region (the PRC) and may likely be more volatile than a broad-based fund.
• The Fund is subject to risks relating to the RQFII regime, such as default in execution or settlement of transaction by a PRC broker or the PRC Custodian, change of RQFII policy and rules and uncertainty to their implementation, repatriation restrictions and insufficient RQFII quota to the Fund.
• The Fund is subject to risks associated with the Stock Connect, such as change of relevant rules and regulations, quota limitations, suspension of the Stock Connect programme. In the event that the Fund’s ability to invest in A-Shares through the Stock Connect on a timely basis is adversely affected, the Manager can only rely on RQFII investments to achieve the Fund’s investment objective.
• Investing in emerging markets, such as the PRC, involves a greater risk such as greater political, tax, economic, foreign exchange, liquidity and regulatory risks.
• If there is a suspension of the inter-counter transfer of units between the HKD counter and the RMB counter, the unitholders will only be able to trade their units in the relevant counter on the SEHK. The market price on the SEHK of units traded in HKD and of units traded in RMB may deviate significantly due to different factors, such as market liquidity, supply and demand in each counter and the exchange rate between the RMB and HKD (in both the onshore and the offshore markets). As such investors may pay more or receive less when buying units traded in HKD on the SEHK than in respect of units traded in RMB and vice versa. Investors without RMB accounts may buy and sell HKD traded units only. Such investors should note that distributions are made in RMB only and they may suffer a foreign exchange loss and incur foreign exchange associated fees and charges to receive their dividend. Not all brokers and CCASS participants may be familiar with and able to buy units in one counter and to sell units in the other or to carry out inter-counter transfers of units or to trade both counters at the same time. This may inhibit or delay an investor dealing in both HKD traded units and RMB traded units and may mean the investor can only trade in one currency.
• As the SSE and the SZSE may be open when units in the Fund are not priced, the value of the securities in Fund’s portfolio may change on days when investors will not be able to purchase or sell the Fund’s units. Differences in trading hours between the SSE and the SZSE, and the SEHK and A-Shares’ trading bands may increase the level of premium/discount of the unit price to its NAV.
• The Fund is denominated in RMB. RMB is currently not freely convertible and is subject to exchange controls and restrictions. A non-RMB based investors in units are exposed to foreign exchange risk. There is no guarantee that the value of RMB against the investors' base currencies (for example HKD) will not depreciate.
• The Fund is not "actively managed" and therefore, when there is a decline in the Index, the Fund will also decrease in value. The Manager will not take defensive position in declining markets. Investors may lose a significant part or all of their respective investments if the Index falls.
• Generally, retail investors can only buy or sell units of the Fund on the SEHK. The trading price of the units on the SEHK is driven by market factors such as the demand and supply of the units. Therefore, the units may trade at a substantial premium or discount to the Fund's NAV.
Under current regulations in the People's Republic of China (“PRC”), foreign investors can invest in the domestic securities market through certain foreign institutional investors that have obtained status as a Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (“QFII”) or a Renminbi Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (“RQFII”) from the China Securities Regulatory Commission (“CSRC”) and have been granted quota by the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (“SAFE”) to remit USD (in the case of a QFII) and RMB (in the case of a RQFII) into the PRC for the purpose of investing in the PRC’s domestic securities markets.
The Stock Connect is a securities trading and clearing linked programme developed by the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (“HKEx”), the Shanghai Stock Exchange (“SSE”), the Shenzhen Stock Exchange (“SZSE”) and the China Securities Depository and Clearing Co., Ltd. (“CSDCC”), with an aim to achieve mutual stock market access between mainland China and Hong Kong. It comprises the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect and the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect. Each of the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect and the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect comprises a Northbound Trading Link and a Southbound Trading Link. Under the Northbound Trading Link, Hong Kong and overseas investors (including the Sub-Fund), through their Hong Kong brokers and securities trading service companies (in Shanghai and Qianhai Shenzhen respectively) established by the SEHK and the HKSCC, are able to trade eligible shares listed on the SSE or the SZSE by routing orders to the SSE or the SZSE (as the case may be). Under the Southbound Trading Link, eligible investors, through PRC securities firms and securities trading service companies established by the SSE and the SZSE, are able to trade eligible shares listed on the SEHK by routing orders to the SEHK.
Further information about the Stock Connect is available at the website: http://www.hkex.com.hk/eng/market/sec_tradinfra/chinaconnect/chinaconnect.htm.
RQFII A-share ETFs are RMB-denominated physical A-share ETFs developed through the RQFII investment quota granted by Mainland authorities. RQFII ETFs seek to track the performance of an A-share index by investing RMB raised outside Mainland China directly in a portfolio of A-shares. RQFII ETFs may make use of other access channels beside RQFII (such as Stock Connect) to invest in A-share market. RQFII ETFs may be traded in RMB or in dual counters (e.g. RMB and HKD).
ChinaAMC CSI 300 Index ETF is a physical RQFII, RMB denominated exchange traded fund investing directly in A-Shares. The investment objective of the Fund is to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, closely correspond to the performance of the CSI 300 Index. In seeking to achieve the Fund’s investment objective, the Manager will primarily use a full replication strategy through investing directly in Securities included in the Index in substantially the same weightings in which they are included in the Index, through the RQFII investment quota granted to the Manager by the SAFE and the Stock Connect.
CSI 300 is a free-float adjusted, category-weighted index which measures the performance of A-Shares traded on the Shanghai Stock Exchange or the Shenzhen Stock Exchange. The Index consists of the 300 stocks with the largest market capitalisation and good liquidity from the entire universe of listed A-Shares companies in the PRC. The Index is calculated and disseminated in RMB on a real-time basis and is maintained by China Securities Index Co., Ltd. The Index is quoted in RMB. The Index is a price return index. A price return index calculates the performance of the Index constituents on the basis that any dividends or distributions are not reinvested.
Further information about the Index can be obtained from the website of China Securities Index Co., Ltd at http://www.csindex.com.cn.
CSI 300 is one of the most well-known A-share market indices. It is an effective proxy for the China A-share market due to its sector diversification and broad coverage. Moreover, CSI 300 is widely used in the domestic market and is the only underlying index for stock index futures in mainland China.
The constituents of the Index are reviewed every 6 months by the Index Advisory Committee, which usually meets in the end of May and November every year. The Index Constituents are adjusted according to the periodical review and any changes to the composition of the Index are implemented on the next trading day after market close of the second Friday of June and December each year.
ChinaAMC CSI 300 Index ETF is denominated in RMB. It is available for trading on the secondary market on the SEHK in both RMB and HKD under the dual counter arrangement.
ChinaAMC CSI 300 Index ETF with dual counter offers two trading counters on the SEHK (i.e. RMB counter and HKD counter) to investors for secondary trading purposes. Units traded in RMB counter will be settled in RMB and units traded in HKD counter will be settled in HKD. Nevertheless, all units are still denominated in RMB, and creation and redemption of the units of ChinaAMC CSI 300 Index ETF in the primary market are in RMB only.
Units traded on both counters are of the same class and all unit holders of both counters are treated equally. The two counters have different stock codes and different stock short names as follows: RMB counter and traded units have a SEHK stock code 83188 and a short name "CAM CSI300-R" whilst the HKD counter and traded units have a SEHK stock code 3188 and a short name "CAM CSI300".
For more information with regard to the dual counter model on the website of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited("HKEx"): http://www.hkex.com.hk/Global/Exchange/FAQ/Featured/RMB-Readiness-and-Services/Dual-Tranche-Dual-Counter-Model?sc_lang=en
As ChinaAMC CSI 300 Index ETF is traded on the SEHK, investors can still trade the Fund units during the trading hours of SEHK even if the stock exchanges in mainland China are closed.
The Manager intends to distribute income to unitholders at least annually (usually in July) having regard to the Fund’s net income after fees and costs. All Units (whether HKD traded Units or RMB traded Units) will receive distributions in RMB only.
The Fund involves risks, including but are not limited to, investment risk, concentration risk, risk associated with the RQFII regime, the Stock Connect, the PRC, RMB currency risk, dual counter risk, PRC tax risk, trading differences risk, passive investments risk, trading error risk, reliance on market maker risk, termination risk, and those risks associated with the investment in the Fund. Please refer to the Fund’s prospectus and product key fact statement for more information.